Key Features of REDCap:
- Secure and web-based – input research data from anywhere in the world with secure web authentication, data logging, and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption.
- Multi-site access – REDCap projects are managed by the Principal Investigator and their research team, so access can be extended to collaborators from multiple sites and institutions.
- Fast and flexible - simple form design tools allow you to create a production-level database quickly, often in less than one day.
- Quality assurance – built-in tools allow for automated data management, such as data validation, branching, and stop actions.
- Import Data – easy tools for importing data from external sources to begin a study or to provide mid-study uploads.
- Export Data – simple data export functions support multiple file formats (SPSS, STATA, SAS, Excel, etc.); including downloadable data dictionary.
- Scheduling – use the built-in project calendar and scheduling module to organize events and participant appointments.
- Ad Hoc Reporting - create custom queries for generating reports to view or download.
- Randomization – create or link to randomization schemes
- Mobile app – the iOS and Android REDCap mobile applications allows data to be collected offline via tablets and smartphones.
- Local – REDCap servers are locally hosted at the University of Alberta and University of Calgary – so your data stays in Alberta!
How Do I get access to REDCap?